Your privacy is very important to us and we will always act to protect your information. We take this responsibility seriously and are very careful about how and when your personal information is collected, used and shared.
Our privacy commitment
We will always ensure that we handle your personal information securely and carefully. Your personal information will only be used when it is necessary for us to deliver you a service or perform other essential business functions and activities.
Collection of information
The information that we collect may include:
- your name
- your contact details, i.e. email, mobile and phone
We collect information for many reasons including:
- to improve our service
- to provide offers that are of a greater interest or benefit to you
- to complete other transactions with you or on your behalf
- to protect against fraud or theft
IQPC does not intend to sell your personal information to other parties.
IQPC is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites linked to IQPC via hyperlinks, banner advertising or other means. Please take care at all times when visiting another site.
Cookies and online advertising
A cookie is a small data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. Cookies are used to help monitor your online activity and to learn what you are interested in and which advertisements bring users to a website. The information that we may collect and share from Cookies is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, email address or the details of your internet service provider. You can visit this page to opt out of targeted advertising.
General Conditions of Trade
It is agreed between IQ PC Services (“IQPC”) and the Customer that IQPC will:
- perform the work (“the Work”) described in the Order and/or
- supply the equipment (“the Equipment”) described in the Order,
On the following conditions:
1. IQPC will rectify at its own expense and at a place nominated by IQPC any defective work reported to it within thirty (30) days from the date of completion of the Work provided that the Work has not been misused, corrupted or modified in any way on inspection by IQPC.
2.1 IQPC warrants that at the date of supply of the Equipment to the Customer, to the best of its knowledge and belief, the Equipment is free from defects in materials and workmanship.
2.2 In accordance with the warranty specified in clause 2.1, IQPC shall repair or replace, at its own expense and at a place nominated by IQPC:-
- where the Equipment comprises of hardware components, within a period not exceeding twelve (12) months from the date of supply;
- where the Equipment comprises of computer systems, within a period not exceeding twenty-four (24) months from the date of supply;
- in all other cases, within a period not exceeding thirty (30) days from the date of supply,
the defect in the Equipment, as determined by IQPC which renders the Equipment unsuitable for the ordinary use determined by IQPC.
2.3 IQPC shall not be liable under clause 2.2 if the serial number is removed or defaced, or the defect is the result of:-
- faulty materials or workmanship not provided by IQPC;
- accident, improper use or mismanagement whether by the Customer, or a third party;
- operation of the Equipment other than in accordance with any operating manuals supplied by IQPC;
- use of the Equipment in a manner contrary to law;
- subjection of the Equipment to unusual or non-recommended physical, environmental or electrical stress;
- faulty or improper installation or reinstallation of the Equipment, or moving of the Equipment by a person other than IQPC;
- the Customer’s failure or refusal to install engineering changes or enhancements recommended by IQPC;
- fair wear and tear of the Equipment;
- any alterations, modifications or additions to the Equipment not authorised by IQPC;
- fire, floods or acts of God;
- incorrect voltage to the Equipment and mains supply problems to the Equipment;
- infestation of the Equipment by insects or vermin;
- any damage to the Equipment which in IQPC’s opinion could have been avoided had IQPC been notified by the Customer within a reasonable time of the occurrence of such damage.
2.4 IQPC’s obligations under sub-clause 2.2 shall extend to installation of replacement and/or repaired parts in respect of the defect in the Equipment, where such replacement and/or repaired parts were originally installed by IQPC.
2.5 Replacement and repaired parts in respect of the defect in the Equipment are warranted until the expiry of the original warranty period pertaining to the Equipment as specified in sub-clause 2.2 above.
3.1 IQPC does not warrant that the Equipment is year 2000 compliant or that the equipment is capable of modification or adaptation to accommodate and implement the transition from the year 1999 to the year 2000.
3.2 Subject to clause 3.3, IQPC shall not be liable for any defect in the Equipment or for any failure of the Equipment to perform in the manner determined by IQPC if such defect or failure is a direct result of the transition from the year 1999 to the year 2000.
3.3 Should the equipment be defective or fail to perform in the manner determined by IQPC as a direct result of the transition from the year 1999 to the year 2000, and provided that:
- the Equipment is comprised of hardware; and
- IQPC has specifically stated in writing that the Equipment is year 2000 compliant,
IQPC shall repair or replace the Equipment and install the replacement and/or repaired parts in respect of the defect in the Equipment where such replacement and/or repaired parts were originally installed by IQPC.
4. IQPC shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever (including but not limited to damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of data or data corruption):-
4.1 arising in any way from the Work or the use or inability to use the program, system or equipment on which the Work is performed.
4.2 arising in any way from the supply and/or installation of the Equipment or any repairs or replacement of the Equipment; or
4.3 caused directly or indirectly by reliance on any advice provided by IQPC relating to year 2000 compliance issues.
5. Under no circumstances shall IQPC be liable for any loss or damage to the Equipment or the system, program or equipment on which the Work is performed where such loss or damage occurs in transit or otherwise results from a cause beyond the reasonable control of IQPC.
6. Except as provided in clauses 1 and 2, and sub-clause 3.3 of these Conditions, IQPC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, in respect of:
6.1 the Work or any materials used by it in performing the Work;
6.2 the Equipment.
7. Risk in the Equipment shall pass to the Customer once the Equipment leaves IQPC’s place of business.
8.1 Property in the Equipment shall not pass to the Customer until the Equipment, and all other equipment supplied by IQPC and/or work performed by IQPC, has been paid for in full.
8.2 The Customer acknowledges that until that time the Customer is in possession of the Equipment solely as bailee for IQPC.
8.3 The Customer’s right to possession of the Equipment ceases if payment for the Equipment is due but not paid. In that event IQPC may enter any premises where the Equipment is, or reasonably thought to be, and repossess it.
9.1 Until the property in the Equipment passes to the Customer:
- The Customer may fix or install the Equipment into the Customer’s system or equipment on condition that resulting product (“the Product”) will be IQPC’s property as surety of full payment for the Equipment.
- Until the Customer uses or sells the Equipment, the Customer must store the Equipment separately so that it is clearly identifiable as IQPC’s property.
- The Customer may fix the Equipment into the system or equipment of any third party on condition that the resulting product (“the Product”) will be deemed to be owned in common by IQPC and the third party.
- The customer may sell the Equipment or the Product (or the Customer’s interest therein) in the ordinary course of the Customer’s business on the following conditions:
- The Customer makes the sale as IQPC’s agent and bailee.
- Any proceeds of sale received by the Customer are held by the Customer on trust for IQPC and the Customer must keep such proceeds separately so that they are clearly identifiable as IQPC’s.
- If the Customer has not received the proceeds of sale, the Customer will, if IQPC so requires, assign to IQPC the Customer’s rights in respect of the sale price.
10.1 Payment for the Work and/or for the Equipment shall be made by cash, cheque, credit card or Electronic Funds Transfer immediately on completion of the Work and/or supply of the Equipment unless IQPC has agreed to provide credit to the Customer. The Customer shall pay IQPC any costs incurred by IQPC in respect of any dishonoured cheque.
10.2 In respect of any agreement between IQPC and the Customer as to the provision of credit to the Customer, the Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that:
- the Customer will enter into a credit contract with IQPC in the form attached to these Conditions upon the terms and conditions contained therein;
- any reminder letter sent to the Customer, save the first, in respect of any account which is more than seven (7) days overdue shall be subject to an administration fee of $5.00;
- the Customer shall pay IQPC any costs (including but not limited to debt collector’s commission and costs) incurred by IQPC to recover, or to attempt to recover, any overdue payment;
- the Customer shall be liable for any costs incurred by IQPC in respect of any dishonoured cheque.
11. These Conditions and the Order of which these Conditions form part constitute the entire agreement between the parties in relation to the Work and/or the Equipment and all prior agreements, warranties, representations, undertakings and guarantees in relation to the Work and/or the Equipment shall not be of any force or effect.
12. These conditions may only be varied by agreement in writing by IQPC and the Customer.