In January 2020 (more than 10 years after its launch), Microsoft will no longer provide support or security updates for computers running Windows 7.
It might seem like the distant future right now, but if you are currently running Windows 7, now is the time to think about upgrading to Windows 10, or making the move to a new computer.
Some of the benefits of the upgrade include:
- Complete support from Microsoft, including regular feature updates and security updates
- Higher performance than previous versions
- Improved productivity and speed
- Some 3rd party software vendors may cease compatibility with Windows 7 in the near future (think MYOB and the like)
- Integrating Windows Apps to seamlessly run software across all of your devices.
If you have any questions about how to make the change, please get in touch.